If you want your life to change, then change it. Raising your standards is THE sure-fire way to effect positive change in your life, and it’s one of my favorite tools to use personally and in my coaching practice. Having high expectations of your own success and destiny is all well and good, but without the foundation of higher standards (and the work that goes into achieving that), it’s an empty shell. Hope is not enough – you must step up and CREATE by putting energy, time, effort and WORK into it.
- Your standards are how you have chosen to behave
- The higher your standards, the better your life
- Doubling your standards makes a great game
- Match your standards to your personal needs
- Only set standards that fit right for today
When a person’s standards are too low
- Continue to operate “below the line” emotionally
- Self-esteem drops; self-worth is questioned
- Mediocrity reigns where excellence should be applied
- Apathy and victimization are ever present
- Experience a low hum of disappointment and low expectations
When a person has, and honors, high standards
- They feel very good about themselves and others too.
- They become irresistibly attractive to high-quality people.
- They don’t get near people or situations that cause problems
- They stay in their power physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Their life experience improves through their commitment to living a better life
- Acceptance replaces anger and thriving replaces treading water
If I asked you where you most need to improve by raising your standards, I’m sure you have an easy answer. You already know where your standards aren’t up to par. Don’t let working out the HOW of raising your standards slow you down.
Set an intention and call me – we will devise a program of raising your standards that is tailor-made for YOUR life as you ease into a new and better way of being. Don’t wait for some arbitrary date or deadline to step into your power and change, NOW is definitely the time. Call for a one-on-one coaching session.